An impressive detached family home with beautiful gardens in a good village location
The property is situated in a rural setting on the edge of a Conservation Area of Painters Forstal, one of Kent's most popular villages, surrounded by stunning countryside and offers lovely walks, including Lorrenden Park, local public house, well regarded Lorrenden prep school and the medieval market town of Faversham lies two miles away, offering a wider range of facilities to include High Street shopping, restaurants, public houses. The Cathedral City of Canterbury lies approximately 11 miles with excellent shopping, good choice of schools, colleges, universities and grammar schools can be found at Faversham and Canterbury. Recreational facilities are also good in and around the area to include sports centres, swimming pools, good selection of golf courses and water sports can be found along the coast.
The property is also well placed for motorway and railway links with the A2/M2 easily accessible. Railway stations are to be found at Faversham and Canterbury, with services into London along with the high speed Javelin train to St. Pancras.
White Gables is a lovely spacious detached family home built, we believe, in the early 1990's, of red brick, attractive gables, pretty leaded light windows with fleur de lille style edging, double garaging, all under a pitched tile roof.
- Spacious Hallway with solid wood staircase and balustrade leading to first floor and gallery landing.
- Lovely double aspect Sitting Room with central stone feature fireplace with gas flame fire, leaded light windows and French doors opening onto the sun terrace.
- Good size Dining Room with French doors.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room with a range of matching base and wall mounted cabinets, integrated appliances, complemented by attractive tile work surfaces and tile flooring which sweep through to the breakfast room and Utility.
- Separate Study.
- Two WCs.
- Double Garaging with power, light and automatic roll doors, wine cupboard and plenty of storage for tools.
- Gallery Landing with range of built-in cupboards with lights, Master Bedroom has a range of fitted wardrobes and well fitted modern en suite Shower Room with twin hand basin set in a vanity unit and attractive tiling.
- 3 Further Bedrooms with one having loft ladder giving access to a good size storage area
- Family Bathroom incorporating panel bath, separate shower unit, hand basin set into a vanity unit and WC,
altogether offering space and elegance to this beautiful family home.
To the front is approached via wrought iron gates opening onto a large Driveway providing ample parking, edged with lawns and mature tree hedge boundary.
The Rear Gardens are a real feature being beautifully maintained, well tendered and landscaped with large patio edged with ornamental wall and pathway leading to a central fountain along with a further sun terrace to the side. The grounds are mainly laid to lawn with well stocked herbaceous and boxed hedge flower borders and a mixture of fruit and mature trees. There is a Shed, pergola, Greenhouse and gates to a further hard standing for parking and access to the garaging. All set in approximately an acre.
Services: Mains water, electricity, drainage and gas.
Local Authority: Swale Borough Council, Swale
Council Tax band: G
Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by appointment through Jackson-Stops. Tel: 01227 781600
From Canterbury head towards London on the A2 towards the Brenley roundabout. Take the third exit signed for Faversham/A2. Continue straight for a little over a mile and take a left into Brogdale Road. Continue for approximately 1.5 miles where the road splits, keep to the right and head up the hill taking a right with the public house on your left. Turn right and White Gables will be found a little further along on the right hand side via wrought iron gates.
From London head towards the M2 and take Exit 6 signposted A251 Faversham. At the end of the road, turn left and continue for approximately 1/3 of a mile and then take a left into Brogdale Road. Continue following directions as above.
By rail, via London St. Pancras or Victoria direct to Faversham.
Jackson-Stops Private Finance specialises in advising on and arranging competitive mortgages quickly, efficiently and in a stress-free manner. Please contact the office for further information.Particulars